Tuesday 20 September 2011

Purple gradient nails NOTD.

So I fancied trying something a bit different with my nails today, and Ive seen this Gradient trend kicking around for a while so thought id give it a go!


I started with a pale shimmery base, and the picked a darker colour to graduate with, as it will really pop against the pale background.

I just used a random cheap polish for the base and I used opi's grape set match for the darker colour.



You want to start of by painting your nails with 2 coats of your pale shimmery polish, once that's dry use a make up sponge (I used ELF's) and dab on the darker colour, make sure you don't cover all the pale colour as you will lose the gradient effect. Do this right up to the free edge. 
Once that is dry you can either apply a clear top coat or go for something glittery like I did. (I used OPI's serving up sparkle) and that's it, you should now have sparkly gradient nails!! Simples!!

Hope you like, let me know your fave nail trend of the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment