Thursday 19 January 2012

Magnetic Nail polish

I'm sure most of you have heard of the Magnetic Nail trend by now, but just thought id do a quick post with the ones i got for Christmas.

I received the Nails Inc Magnetic Polishes from my boyfriend at Christmas, I've always been a fan of this brand and have quite a few of their polishes, so i was intrigued when i saw a demo of them.

I received three colours in:

Trafalgar Square
Big Ben
Houses of Parliament
and the Kensington Caviar Top Coat.

How does magnetic polish work?
This unique formula has been specially developed with metallic particles to create a pattern on the nail using magnetic forces. As the magnet (in the lid of the bottle) is held over the nail, the iron powder in the formulation gravitates toward it forming the pattern hidden in the magnet for an astonishing finish.

The magnet in this set comes on top of the Trafalgar Square polish, and just pulls off.
You just paint your nails with your desired colour and them immediately hold the magnet over the top, just below the cuticle for a few seconds and then the pattern takes effect.

I love the concept of these, and think they work well especially Trafalgar Square (my fave) and houses of parliament, Big Ben is OK, but just doesn't seem to have the same effect as the other two, its a little disappointing if I'm honest.
Left to Right:
Trafalgar Square
Big Ben
Houses of Parliament.

I settled on Trafalgar Square for my NOTD, i love how the pattern turned out, its so clear.
Overall I'm really happy with these polishes with the exception of Big Ben.

I would love to see a bright pink magnetic polish!!








No comments:

Post a Comment