Friday 17 February 2012

My Homemade Sushi

I've always loved sushi, but it gets pretty expensive to buy all the time, so after watching a few YouTube videos on how to make your own, I decided to give it a go.

I bought all my ingredients from Sainsburys.

These are the basics which you will need:
*Rice vinegar
*Sushi rice (apparently you can use plain short grain rice too)
*Sushi rolling mat
*Sushi nori (seaweed sheets)

You can have any filling you want in your sushi, I decided to just stick with basic ones for my first go, so here's the ingredients I used.

*Tuna and mayonnaise
*imitation crab meat with mayonnaise
*cucumber and avocado 

All rolled up!

Finally all sliced and looking lovely!!

They were absolutely delicious, and everyone loved them, even my mam who has never really been a fan of sushi.

Here's the video i watched on how to make these:
This is a great channel all about Japanese cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment